Terms, Conditions, and Safety Policies for www.ArabFinder.ca
(“ArabFinder”) Updated: January 23, 2017
Table of contents
- Your Account On ArabFinder.ca
- Using ArabFinder.ca
- Abusing ArabFinder.ca Services
- Fees and Services
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- Personal Information
- Intellectual Property
- Prohibited activities
- Safety at ArabFinder.ca
- Safety Tips for Sellers
- Safely Completing Transactions
By accessing ArabFinder.ca you are agreeing to the following terms, which are designed to make sure that ArabFinder.ca works for everyone. This policy is effective September 01, 2015.
Your Account On ArabFinder.ca.
In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address/user name and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
If you believe your Account may have been compromised or misused, contact us immediately at ArabFinder.ca Customer Support.
Using ArabFinder.ca Services.
You will post in the appropriate category/Listing or area and will not do any of the following inappropriate things:
- Be false or misleading;
- Infringe any third-party right;
- Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm ArabFinder.ca or the interests or property of ArabFinder.ca users;
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the ArabFinder.ca;
- Copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access ArabFinder.ca and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to ArabFinder.ca.
Abusing ArabFinder.ca Services.
Please use the ‘Contact Us’ to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off ArabFinder.ca if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off ArabFinder.ca or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring ArabFinder.ca or for unauthorized or unlawful content on ArabFinder.ca or use of ArabFinder.ca by users.
Fees and Services.
Using ArabFinder.ca Services is free for a limited time and we will charge a fee for memberships thereafter. We may charge fees for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (for accounts over 180 days past due, we may deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance).
ArabFinder.ca Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute ArabFinder.ca Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability.
The ArabFinder.ca Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the stuff on the ArabFinder.ca Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of ArabFinder.ca, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Canadian Dollars.
You will indemnify and hold harmless ArabFinder.ca and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the ArabFinder.ca Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
By using ArabFinder.ca Services, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of your personal information by ArabFinder.ca
These terms and the other policies posted on ArabFinder.ca Services constitute the entire agreement between ArabFinder.ca and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of Canada. We both submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The Canadian Government. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later.
Intellectual Property – Applications.
ArabFinder.ca owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter ArabFinder.ca’ copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any ArabFinder.ca Application.
The following activities are prohibited from ArabFinder.ca Canada:
- Posting an item for sale/rent that is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence.
- Posting duplicate ads in multiple categories or multiple cities.
- Posting ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Posting an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Posting a multi-level marketing or other prohibited job.
- Posting an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Posting an ad that contains adult, mature or erotic content. Personals are not allowed.
- Posting an ad that defames anyone or contains “hate speech”.
- Posting opinions, notices, and discussion topics which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Posting an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Users must be at least 16 to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
- Any ads that do not comply with ArabFinder.ca policies will be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies will be blocked from using ArabFinder.ca in the future.
Our general rule is that you may not list, rent, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, rent, buy or sell.
Posting duplicate ads is not allowed on ArabFinder.ca.
You should only post your ad in the most relevant category. Should you be unsure which category to use for your ad, try searching to find out where others have put similar ads. If you post the same ad in multiple categories, they will be removed from ArabFinder.ca.
You should only post your ad on the ArabFinder.ca site that’s nearest to you. Remember, people that are willing to travel will search other ArabFinder.ca sites using the Provincial search feature to find your ad. If you post the same ad in multiple locations, they will be removed from ArabFinder.ca.
Additionally, ads in the Services category must be condensed as much as possible. All facets of a service must be listed within a single ad instead of having an ad for each service.
|Safety at ArabFinder.ca|
While most individuals who use ArabFinder.ca have successful experiences, from time to time we do receive reports of people attempting to scam or defraud the community. We have found that one of the best ways to stay safe is to ensure that all transactions take place locally, in-person and with cash.
Remember that ArabFinder.ca is a classifieds web site and not all ads are reviewed before going live to site.
Please take the following precautions while using ArabFinder.ca:
- When buying, renting or selling, you should meet in-person to inspect the product and exchange funds. Meet in a public place with many people around, such as a coffee shop.
- Never send or wire money to sellers, renters, or buyers. This includes mailing a cheque or using payment services like PayPal, Amazon Payments, Google Wallet/ Checkout, Canada Post, Western Union or MoneyGram. Typically, scammers will use these services and will even falsify documents from a legitimate company. It’s best to avoid them entirely and keep things local!
- ArabFinder.ca, PayPal or any other company does not offer any sort of protection programs or secure payment systems for ArabFinder.ca items. Any emails or web sites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they may have the ArabFinder.ca logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please forward the message to us.
- Be wary of emails asking you to confirm your account or a password or email address change that was not requested. These are very often phishing emails by scammers trying to gain access to your account. Any emails we send requiring you to log in will bring you directly to our site. The ArabFinder.ca sign in page should always show up as being secure in your web browser.
- Do not give out personal or banking information (e.g. social insurance number, bank account number) over the Internet.
- Inform ArabFinder.ca of any attempted fraud or suspicious emails, Ads, or other activity by community members. In the case of fraud, file a police report and Contact us.
- Use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true- it probably is.
|Safety Tips for Sellers|
ArabFinder.ca recommends selling your items by using our website, and dealing in-person only.
We do not recommend dealing with any users who:
- Contact you about posting your ads on their website.
- Offer to sell your items for you (usually for a fee).
- Offer any kind of consignment service or any other service of this nature.
ArabFinder.ca cannot validate the legitimacy of these users, nor can we guarantee that these are not fraudulent.
|Safely Completing Transactions|
Keep it local and face-to-face.
Whether you are buying, renting, or selling, the transaction should take place in person, at a location decided upon by both parties. Cash should be exchanged only after the item has been inspected thoroughly. Conducting transactions in person helps you avoid shipping charges, exchange rates, and most importantly, minimizes the risk of fraud.
Recognize red flags.
Be wary of any buyer, renter or seller that tries to move the transaction to a different website, or attempts to send or request money through the mail, a wire transfer, or any other method of payment that is not a face to face exchange of cash.